I Home I Search I Sitemap I
          One stop for all your Property needs...
| About Us | Our Projects | Services | Advertise Property | Contact Us | Enquiry |
Asset's Serene       

A premier Farmland project in Mysore... Just launched !
                         
more>

Business Partnership Programme
latest Property
Real Estate News
News updates on the real estate scene will be highlighted in this section             more >
Nri Guide
Asset Shoppe provides guidelines of considering property for NRIs in India                                       more >
Housing Loans
Asset Shoppe will put across different housing loans and their benefits for its users, enlightening the users  more >
FAQ
General FAQ’s on property dealings and their ways will be provided and updated in this section.                     more >
Market Watch
Expert Real Estate comments on the future and present market trends will be provided                                       more >
News
 


Hasty land allotement, site crunch bother BDA

Allottees Demanding Plots In Sought-After Up market Areas

Bangalore: The government proposes, but the BDA can’t dispose. Of the 398 orders for stray site allotments issued by the coalition government, the BDA could so far allot only 72 sites as the authority is facing a “site crunch”.

Simply put, the BDA is unable to keep pace with the government’s hurried allotments of stray sites and hence, will need more time – only after it gets a sizeable bank of stray sites, sources in the government said.

Among the 72 allottees, the list of which has been made available to TOL, prominent ones are ISRO chairman Madhavan Nair and former governor V S Rama Devi; 25 are former and sitting legislators and parliamentarians. The rest are people without defined profiles, including the CM’s immediate kin.

As many as 56 allotments are 50 ft by 80 ft plots and the rest are in 40 ft by 60 ft dimensions - all in OMBR, HSR and HRBR layout,Nagarabhavi, JP Nagar, JB Nagar and BTM Layout.

Another piece of bad news for the next bunch of allottees is that the BDA has exhausted its stray sites in sought after areas where the market value is booming – HSR layout, HAL, Indiranagar and BTM. A few sites in the last bunch of old layouts are at HRBR, OMBR layouts, Nagarabhavi and BSK. The new allotments will be made in layouts formed post 1999 – Anjanapura, BSK 6th Stage, Sir MV Layout and their extensions.

As per law, stray sites have to be allotted to those “ Persons in public life as may be directed by the government.”

Stray sites are those that are claimed back by the BDA after default payment for an allotted site or a cancellation of site. As per rule 5G of BDA’s allotment of site rules, only 30% of such reclaimed sites can be allotted to the G category and the rest 70% are auctioned.

However, all the allottees demand sites in upmarkat area and nothing less than 50 ft by 80 ft plot.

Henceforth, BDA sites allottees will not allow them to sell their properties for a decade. As per a government order issued on April 27, all future allotments, including the Arkavathy Layout site allottees will get lease – cum – sale deeds instead of absolute sale deeds. However, the rule does not apply to pervious site allottees.


This order is perhaps the fallout of the single bench judgement on Arkavathy Layout in April where the judge had observed that allottees could get sale deeds as soon as they paid the site value, which enable them to sell sites for a higher value to other buyers. Thus, the BDA sites are becoming a real estate gamble.

Prev  Next

 
---------------------------------------------------------------View our Privacy Policy-----------------
Asset's Habitat        

A premier residential layout at Mysore... Just launched !
                         
more>

Advance Property Search
This section will provide a detail search for properties by Locality, Price, City, Property type etc.                    more >
Builders Property
Click here to view various special builders properties of Asset Shoppe.         more >
Client Feedback

I would like to thank you for helping me purchase a property

more >

 

 
    Copyrights Reserved © 2006 Asset Shopee.                                                                     Powered By Biznet Communications.